Wait, before you purists get mad, let me say this – sure, if it’s a visual story, like one about a sports team getting ready, against all odds, to fight to the finish for the trophy, you’re going to need your best photographer, and you’re going to want to log all your natural sound, and take your time selecting the perfect verb. Believe me, I’ve done my fair share of amazing stories that I’m still thanking the photographer for nabbing that perfect shot. BUT, I didn’t have that choice here. All I had was my iPad – which if you know me, you know I treasure – and my highly outdated iPhone 3. Sometimes, you have to think outside the box, and find new ways to tell a story. Here, the story IS the conversation. Btw, Calvin is 45, likes sweet potato pie, and shooting pool. And although he’s single, he doesn’t admit to being lonely. Learn more about the ups and downs of Calvin’s life around 4:20.
- Meet the #shawl mafia at @wusa9 @jackiebdiaz @aishach http://t.co/GND6tYt1o9 19 minutes ago
- We have the hit-you-in-the-gut story of a teacher who shielded her 3rd grade students from the rubble at Plaza... fb.me/UFk17x9B 1 hour ago
- @savemetro Please do! I want to understand Metro's refund police and how it affects riders. Thanks so much! 1 hour ago
- Hear the moving story from a Moore, OK teacher's hospital bed about how she tried to shield her students. @wusa9 at 11p. 1 hour ago
- @erica_pitzi @WPIX @tamsenfadal I am so jealous you get to work with TC, Nick and Shash! 1 hour ago