Last Updated: 2/6/19
- About Us
For more information about Debra Alfarone Media, please visit our About page here.
- Key Terms
“Website” or “Websites” means any website we own and operate (such as https://www.debraalfarone.com/) or any web pages, interactive features, or other online offerings.
“Users,” “User,” “you,” or “your” means any person who visits, places a reservation or makes a purchase through our Website, signs up to receive emails or other communications from Debra Alfarone Media, or uses our Website for any other reason.
“Services” includes any services or activities provided through our Website, mobile applications, newsletters and other products and services.
“Personal Information” means any Personal Information that identifies or can be used to identify a User to identify a User, directly or indirectly.
- Personal Information that We Collect
(A) Personal Information Collected That You Provide Us
When you participate in the Services through our Website we ask you to provide Personal Information. The Personal Information we collect from you is only what we need to be able to provide you with the Services effectively. This Personal Information includes:
- Your name;
- Your email address;
- Your billing address;
- Your phone number;
- Your credit card or debit card number;
- Your expiration date;
- Your card verification code; and
- Any communications related to your use of the Services.
You may also voluntarily sign up to be informed about certain offers or promotions, in which case we may use the Personal Information you provide, such as your contact Personal Information and feedback, to send the Personal Information you requested or fulfill any other purpose for which you have provided such Personal Information. You may choose to provide additional Personal Information when you communicate with us through our Website or otherwise interact with us, and we will keep copies of those communications for our records.
In participating in the Services, you will voluntarily permit Debra Alfarone Media to use your name, appearance, image, likeness, voice, identity, picture, or personal story (together your “Likeness”) in any manner in connection with its business (including without limitation for purposes of advertising and trade). Debra Alfarone Media may utilize or acknowledge past representation of Client for marketing or proposal purposes for business development and engagement of future clients. You understand that you may opt-out of this at any time by contacting Debra Alfarone Media at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your decision to allow us to collect this Personal Information from you is voluntary, however if you choose not to provide this information, some or all of the Services may be unavailable to you.
(B) Personal Information Automatically Collected
In addition to Personal Information that you choose to provide to us, when you visit our Website, we may also collect certain information automatically from your personal computer, laptop, tablet, mobile phone, or other devices. In some countries, including those countries in the European Union, this information may be considered Personal Information under applicable information protection laws.
Specifically, the Personal Information we collect automatically may include the following:
- Your IP address or other unique identifier;
- Your operating system or mobile network information;
- Your Internet browser identification;
- Your Internet browsing activity;
- Your general geographic location;
- Your interaction and activities with our Website, including remembering you and your preferences; and
- Other certain information related to your devices, including the time of day you visit our Website, among other information.
We may use various methods and technologies to automatically collect or store this Personal Information through tracking tools like browser cookies, web beacons, pixels, embedded scripts, and ETags or entity tags. We do this on our Website and in emails we send to you.
- We Combine Collected Personal Information
We combine Personal Information that we have collected offline, such as in-person with Debra Alfarone Media, with Personal Information we collect online, such as our Website. We also combine Personal Information that we have collected across other third-party websites, your devices, (such as computers and mobile devices), and from third parties with Personal Information we already have.
- Cookies and Similar Tracking Devices
Because we employ cookies and similar tracking tools, we wanted to provide you with some additional information on how it all works.
A cookie is a piece of information, which may include a unique identifier, that is sent to your Internet browser from a server and stored on your hard drive or device. We assign a different cookie to each device that accesses our Website. Cookies allow your computer to use all the features on our Website, such as remembering who you are, knowing if you have visited our site before or if you are a first-time visitor, and remembering your address and contact information. Cookies contain no information about you or any computer or device you are using.
- How We Use Your Personal Information:
We may use your Personal Information for various purposes, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Improving the effectiveness of our Website, marketing endeavors, and Services;
- Providing customer service;
- Notifying you of any information concerning the Services including class, seminar and/pr session reservations and cancellations;
- Sending you newsletters that you opt-into;
- Sending you direct mail offerings;
- Sending you email communications about our Services, promotions, events, or other important information;
- Sending you emails about content you included on our Website;
- Enabling you to participate in the Website’s features;
- Processing any transactions you make through the Website;
- Identifying your product and service preferences and informing you of new or additional products, services, and promotions that may be of interest to you;
- For internal business purposes;
- Notifying you about important changes to our Website; and
If you do not want to receive email notifications from us, please contact us at Debra Alfarone Media at email@example.com.
- Sharing Your Personal Information with Third Parties
Like many businesses, the Personal Information we collect may be shared with third parties to enable us to provide our Services to you. We may hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf, and we may provide access to or share your information with these companies so they can perform services for us. Examples of such functions include marketing, mailing information, data storage, security, fraud preventions, payment processing, legal services, and maintaining databases. We may also provide your Personal Information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
By providing these third-party companies your Personal Information, they are not permitted to use, share, or sell said information; however, they have their own privacy policies with respect to the information we share with them to provide our Services. This includes how they may process and store your Personal Information.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the following reasons:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; or
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Debra Alfarone Media, our Users, or others.
- Your Consent
We incorporate commercially-reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. However, no information transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless networks, or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our Website, and you provide us with your Personal Information at your own risk.
- Payment Information
Although our Services include purchasing classes, sessions or class or session series, such transactions are done through third-party platforms available on our Website. Through these third-party platforms, both Debra Alfarone Media and the third party collect and store your payment information, including your debit or credit card details, billing address, email address, and telephone number.
- Minors and COPPA Compliance
You must be at least 13 years old to use the Website and you must be at least 18 years old to participate in the Services. Regardless, if you are under 18 years old, you may only use the Website or participate in the Services with permission from and involvement of a parent or legal guardian.
In cases where you – a parent or guardian – have authorized a minor under 18 to use our Website, you recognize that you are fully responsible for: (i) the online conduct of such minor; (ii) controlling the minor’s access to and use of our Website; and (iii) the consequences of any misuse by the minor. You acknowledge that we have no obligation to monitor the content accessible on or through our Website. We do not collect personal information from individuals under the age 18 without parental or legal guardian consent, subject to the additional terms discussed herein.
Children under 13 years of age are prohibited from using the Services and the Website. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13, even with verified parental or guardian consent. If you are under 13, you are prohibited from providing us with any Personal Information about yourself, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13, we will delete that information in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at Debra Alfarone Media at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our records.
- Social Media
- How Long Your Personal Information Is Retained
- Updating Your Information and Choices
You may update or correct information about yourself through the Website’s account registration forms or by contacting us at Debra Alfarone Media at email@example.com.
You may opt out of receiving promotional mail, emails, or other forms of communication from us by contacting us at Debra Alfarone Media at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your current information and the requested changes you would like us to make to your marketing profile in your communication.
Please note, we may still send you certain communications relating to your use of our Website, such as administrative and service announcements and these transactional messages may be unaffected if you choose to opt-out from receiving our marketing communications.
- Applicable Law
- Your California Privacy Rights
We may from time to time elect to share your Personal Information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Under California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of Personal Information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliates’ direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of Personal Information shared with third parties and used for direct marketing purposes and the name and address of the third parties that received such Personal Information. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address (limit one request per year): Debra Alfarone Media at email@example.com. You must include your full name, email address, and postal address in your request. Please allow thirty (30) days for us to respond.
- Know Your Rights Under The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) [European Union Consumers Only]
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your Personal Information:
- The right to request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any Personal Information if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your Personal Information be erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such information;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Information at any time;
- The right to request we provide you with your Personal Information and where possible, to transmit that information directly to another information controller, (known as the right to information portability), where applicable;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your Personal Information, to request a restriction on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of Personal Information. Please note, this only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority), direct marketing, and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics;
- The right to lodge a complaint with authorities.
- The right to transfer your Personal Information abroad. Please note, if your Personal Information is to be transferred to countries or territories outside the European Union, you must include details of how the information will be protected.
- Debra Alfarone Media & GDPR [European Union Consumers Only]
Under the new law effective May 25, 2018, you have the right to manage the Personal Information we have collected from you in the due course of using our Website and related Services. These rights include the:
- Right to be forgotten: you may request we delete all of your Personal Information without undue delay.
- Right to object: you may prohibit certain Personal Information uses.
- Right to rectification: you may request that incomplete Personal Information be completed or that incorrect information be corrected.
- Right of access: you have the right to know what Personal Information is being processed and how.
- Right of portability: you may request that Personal Information held by us be transported to another entity.
If you would like to act on any of the rights discussed above, please contact us at Debra Alfarone Media at firstname.lastname@example.org.